Greetings from Science international Forum,
We are delighted to announce the theme for 2017 Kuwait Children’s Science Congress, a program which is part of National Children’s Science Congress initiated by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India,
Main theme for Kuwait Children’s Science Congress 2017:
Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development
- Natural Resource Management
- Food and Agriculture
4 Health Hygiene and Nutrition
- Lifestyles and Livelihoods
- Disaster Management
- Traditional Knowledge Systems
The completed research projects will be exhibited and evaluated during Kuwait Children’s Science Congress and exhibition (KCSC)-2017 scheduled to be held in Kuwait by the Nov 2017.
- Each participating schools in Kuwait can send a maximum of 4( Four) teams/projects – Two from each
- Junior Category-Lower Group: 10 years to less than 14 years, -Maximum 2 team/Projects.
- Senior Category-Upper Group: 14 years to less than 17 years –Maximum 2 team/ projects.
Team Registration from Schools- On or before May 15, 2017-(To be done in the attached MS Excel Format)
Project Synopsis submission- September 15 (Project Title and a paragraph about your project)
Final Project Submission- October- 21, 2017
Note: late Submission of final project report will get negative marks of up to 25 percent of the final Scoring by the Judges.
A group of children not exceeding 5 (five), can form the team and carry out the research project with the help of school teachers, coordinators of school science clubs, experts/ activists of science based voluntary organizations research Institutes etc.
- General evaluation criteria for the project is as follows.
- Originality of idea and concept
- Relevance of the project to the theme
- Scientific understanding of the issue:
- Data collection
- Experimentation/Scientific study/validation:
- Interpretation and Problem solving attempt:
- Team work
- Log book presentation and project display in exhibition Booths
- Innovation and Scope for improvement
All team entries are done exclusively through schools. All correspondence to SIF-Kuwait should be through either official school email ids or via persons authorized by schools
Please find attached the Research activity Guide with detailed terms and conditions, research theme Description, sample project report and the team entry excel sheet.
Important Note: We request the Guides and Science Coordinators to encourage children to take up topics which gives enough scope for simple experimentation and surveys. In KCSC all your assessments /conclusions should be backed up by data and observations generated ideally from a combination of experiments and Surveys. Please invest your energy in this aspect .Also please make sure that your project don’t depend too much on surveys alone.
Please note that attached NCSC detailed activity guide should be only taken as a reference for Theme and sub theme details.
Looking forward for your support and cooperation